the making of...

.

Just as a matter of stuffing this blog with some filler, I thought I'd show you my Douglas Firs atelier...well, at least the visually appealing part of it. Amongst the creative mess stands the lone inspiration island with a wall of images I've been collecting, some fabric cut-offs and a 'spreadsheet' with collection's time/cost notes. The collection is mainly black&white with flashes of emerald, marigold and neon yellow. I'm working with some already familiar DF shapes, like the high-waist trouser, boxy overshirt and quilted collar blouse and adding the new ones which will see more development in the winter season - there are pencil skirt, tracksuit-style blouse and slim pants in making. Soon the new lines will be available at MAPP. and on the Douglas Firs website. I'm looking forward to it! And I hope that so are you!

2 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous. I love the mood board. xx

    http://thestylecrusader.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool inspiration--part dreamy, part seventies rock. I'm already excited for the color palette you chose, can't wait to see it all in action!

    http://hazylaughter.com

    ReplyDelete