<3 Paris

.
I’ve been stressing all day, trying to unwind by acting as a tourist, but apart from Louvre, Colonne Vendôme, Notre-Dame, Anna Dello Russo and The Sartoralist I haven’t really seen that much. On the contrary after bumping into The Sart at Colette, I dashed off faintly hearing him say something as I distanced away with one thought flashing: ‘No, I shall not have my picture taken with a Muji mop sticking out of my bag’. Erm, yes I’m that kind of an idiot who absolutely wants to have a floor mop from Muji and then goes wondering around Paris with such marvellous acquisition.
I must admit that everything in Paris is freakishly familiar at this time of the year, yet it has been my second visit ever, and the first one being the Christian Wijnants show a couple of years ago. The city looks like a collection of snapshots from Jak&Jil or the aforementioned Sartoralist with the fashionistas sitting in the cafes along the sidewalk and drinking 5€-worth coffee and with the lonely models strolling slowly across the square wearing the Acne wedges. All is so bizarre and almost surreal, but it really exists!
After a while I felt I should escape to somewhere calm (and cheap) so I headed for Le Marais, where I think I developed a huge fetish for guys wearing Henrik Vibskov checker shirts.

Somehow I really hope there will be a positive change after this visit to Paris, the reason behind which I shall reveal later. Right now I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. May you, please, do the same!

0 comments:

Post a Comment