the S.M.A.K opening night

.
So I did not find the moving pig by Paul McCarthy…instead I was rather impressed by his house cutouts, bunny sculptures, the forest scene and a beautiful movie by Daria Martin.



In ‘Birds’ delicate surfaces and primary colours play with transparencies and strong references to the 60’s space age films and Soviet constructivism. The costumes make me think of ‘Aelita’ but if you look closer you see raw coloured tape and light filter film – no stitches, no details; and the set is made up of all sorts of gymnastic paraphernalia… I watched with awe as all those angular, geometric and strict elements floated before me and formed elegant movement, transformed by screens of transparency. I did see the flutter of the bird wings emerging through cold geometry…amazing, unforgettable, inspiring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment