when i grow up

.
I want to be a forester, run through the moss on high heels. That’s what I’ll do.

I put my soul in what I do. Last night I drew a funny man with dark eyes and a hanging tongue. It goes way bad, I never liked a sad look from someone who wants to be loved by you.

You may have noticed my affection for the Fever Ray’s ‘When I grow up’. I feel often inspired by words which have no particular image attached, because when there’s no image I tend to create my own diverse interpretations of those words. That may explain to you the presence of abrupt phrases on this blog sometimes – they are mostly taken from songs – those phrases that I overheard on the day when they meant something and on another they lose their meaning.

Tonight I tried to translate some of those into images, which isn’t too hard when I’m clearly obsessing about everything that comes out under the name of BLESS. Their edition #39 seems to be so well on the way to the wearable rather than conceptual. The half-suit/half t-shirt dresses could be so easily combined with the Swedish Hasbens boots I posted about earlier or the Opening Ceremony bow desert boots, well, the choice is endless and I could be posting tons of other pictures if only the Maison Du Peuple internet wouldn’t be falling out every five minutes and the barman would actually fix me a drink without me having to wait for ten minutes waving and signalling in every way I could just to get a silly hot chocolate. I’m pretty disgusted with the zero-level service over here so I’ll probably reconsider finally having internet at home. Until then bear with my silence, please, and accept my apologies for the inconsistent posting. I will be back very soon with some new great material including Vice, a pop-up store in BXL, the magazine, interviews, a trip to London and loads of usual bits and pieces.






0 comments:

Post a Comment