new york fashion week contemplations

.
Somehow just today I realised that the New York fashion week has already began. ‘Wow, did you just come out of a coma?’ I hear you say. But after a few days of workload from hell and a sickness to top it off I’m just getting a little bit back to normal.
So! The normal blogger’s duty is to post some favourites from the current shows. Honestly, is it me who’s just too picky, or the collections have not evolved that much for the spring/summer season.
The nude…
And the black…
The lace…
The pastels…
And the embellished leggings…
The bodycon…
The studs…
And the slashing…
The acid wash…
The sleeveless one-piece…
And the short-o-skirt…
Oh, and the shoulderpads…
None of it makes me want to have an entirely new wardrobe, on the contrary, all of it is a clear confirmation to the fact that I can be content with every single piece of clothing that I own, for it is at least going to last another two seasons, if not longer.


Preen has produced one of those feel-good collections. I love the combination of lilac and yellow, which is just enough colour to keep it pretty. And the entire nude/black lace section reminds me of Toga’s spring ‘09 collection with the frills and the nude effects.





Charlotte Ronson’s collection is the kind that you don’t have to think about – just wear it. I don’t agree with those who say that it’s a matter of bad fashion tone to be sporting one designer’s look head to toe. Because, basically, if you were to wear a black silk one-piece with a checker shirt and an acid wash parka or a striped shouplerpadded t-shirt with black silk shorts and mesh cycling shorts and an 80’s style wide belt with golden embellishment you’d look like the magnificent Elise of Anywho.




For the rest, I’m expecting much more fun and challenge from London and Paris. I’m hoping to get in as a dresser for Bruno Pieters, Bernhard Willhelm, Veronique Leroy, Dries van Noten and Alena Akhmadullina. If all of them will show interest in a meticulous and absolutely free of charge professional I’ll be able to see almost the entire fashion week. It will also mean I will get back to Belgium flat out broke because of my sincere benevolent behaviour – paying hotels in Paris during the entire fashion week can be a little bit tough since I feel like the light-hearted days of making friends with models and security guards just to get a place to sleep after a show are over for me. I’m not of that negligent age anymore. So we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment